Finally

Finally some knitting content on this blog! Even though I havent been blogging I have been knitting, blogreading, and ravelering(?). I have made huge progress on Clapotis.

I ran out of the Rio yarn at the end of the increase section and switched to some yarn left over from knitting a hat for my mom. I thaought that I was finally done with the whole "knit rows 1-12 12 more times" thing when I finished the increase section. Then I saw the straight knitting section and it is the exact some thing! I love Clapotis though so i will keep on going. And just to show that it is really Clapotis and not some big disaster... The dropped stitches. i am finally beginning to believe it is really going to work!!

Another project that I worked a little on is the Saturday Market Bag. I have knit the body of the bag and have started to sew it up.

Last but not least are the marathon gloves. I am designing these myself. These will be matching gloves for when my mom and i ride our bikes in the marathon. It starts early and will be very cold. These are the first gloves I have ever knit and are really easy up to the fingers which was complicated to figure out but I am getting the hang of it. I am also knitting the palm with two strands of yarn like padding. It is a really nice feature.

that is what I have been knitting but I would love to show you the hat that my dad is knitting. Its with Manos del Uruguy and a very basic rib pattern. I was at the yarn store with my stepmom and saw this yarn and knew my dad would like it. i got it and when I got home found the correct needles and wrote out a simple pattern. I presented it to him as a kit and he cast on a few days later. here it is so far.

That is all for today!

No comments: