Knitting!

Finally a knitting post. Lots of knitting has been started, some ripped, and some completed. My favorite almost completed object is the Isabeau Purse. It has been blocked and all it needs is a lining which my mom will sew on and a closing button which is put on after the lining. It is actually pink but I was photographing during the evening under artificial light so it looks red.





The first photo is a digitally altered pic of the bag so you can sort of see the stitch pattern. The second pic is the best picture of the whole bag.

I used the Sugar and cream Cotton in a very pink colorway with size 8 USA neddles. It took me a day to knit and a day to sew up. I have knit this pattern once before and I highly recomend it.

My biggest ripped pattern is all of the Bell Sleeve Sweater. I measures it and mine was 4 inches wider than it was supposed to be! So I ripped out both sleeves and part of the back. I have now knit a gauge swatch and am looking for a suitable pattern.

The last thing I'm knitting is the Elegant Wrap from Patons Designs. I unfortunetely I do not have pics but you will see some soon.

Come back for more knitting tomorrow!

2 comments:

dollydimple said...

Hi Rebecca

Thanks for your guess for my birthday competition - all will be revealed at the weekend !

The little bag looks great even if it's a wee bit hard to see in evening light :0)

Karen said...

This bag is so great -- you should make one in every color! I want to learn how to make one, too.